Communication and Marketing Manager
Geordie Theatre is currently seeking interested candidates to fill the position of Communications and Marketing Manager.
Philosophy of Inclusion
Diverse cultural and marginalized communities are considered an equal priority to encourage access to Geordie by all.
Summary of Position
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for initiating, planning, organizing and administrating all audience, community and corporate sponsor- and client-related affairs, being the primary contact in all such negotiations. Working with Geordie’s Artistic Director and Managing Director, the Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for:
• Creating systems and processes for the Marketing & Communication department to run smoothly and efficiently, with reasonable timelines, and deliverables met.
• Planning, coordinating and carrying out marketing, communications and promotional initiatives.
• Proposing, designing, planning and executing annual marketing and communications plans for, as applicable, single productions, tours, season launch and Geordie Theatre School with the general goals of expanding markets, increasing visibility and audience reach.
• Spearheading campaigns to help expand our current market through new initiatives.
• Managing expense budgets for all marketing and communications.
• Collaborating with the graphic designers, web designers, etc. in the creation of promotional materials, including, but not limited to the season brochures, posters, bookmarks, print ads, radio/tv promos, e-newsletters and web content.
• Undertaking the realization of some promotional materials.
• Undertaking the upkeep and updating of the Geordie website.
• Writing and diffusing press releases, overseeing media calls and photo shoots.
• Soliciting media sponsors and coordinating with current sponsors.
• Using online tools to continue researching and identifying new ’best prospect’ potential new funders.
• Continue our focus on “gift-in-kind” donations and corporate sponsorships.
• Create the proposals for corporate “asks” and provide further information to them as requested.
• Follow-through with visibility strategies laid out by returning and new sponsors and donors.
• The ideal candidate will be fluent in English and French (reading, writing, oral), be comfortable with graphic software (Adobe, Photoshop), be a dynamic contributor to the Geordie family, and appreciate a hard-working and fast-paced environment.
For submissions, please include:
• A letter of interest
• Resumé (including two references)
• Any additional and pertinent portfolio information
• Email to Managing Director, Kathryn Westoll – email@example.com
Hours: Part-time (30 hrs/week)
Salary: $30 k/year
Deadline to submit: June 17, 2019
Start date: August 1, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.