Audience and Development Manager - Call for Submissions
Geordie Theatre is currently seeking interested candidates to fill the position of Audience and Development Manager.
Philosophy of Inclusion
Diverse cultural and marginalized communities are considered an equal priority to encourage access to Geordie by all.
Summary of Position
Reporting to Geordie’s Managing Director and Artistic Director, the Audience and Development Coordinator works to devise and execute fundraising and outreach strategies. They also strive to improve the company’s social media communications and the overall management of its development initiatives.
- 3 years of administrative experience.
Main responsibilities and abilities:
• Research prospects and assist in identifying potential donors and sponsors to actively increase the breadth of the company’s financial objectives.
• Creates work plan for fundraising strategies and approaches.
• Building and assist in maintaining donor and sponsor care.
• Supporting contact and resource for fundraising efforts of Board Members and Geordie.
• Primary writer of donor proposals and sponsorship packages.
• Update and maintain a donor and alumni database, past and present.
• Process donations and issue thank you letters and receipts.
• Create and maintain donor newsletter.
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must be bilingual.
• Be primary liaison for gala participants with Box Office
• Issue thank you letters to donors and ticket buyers in a timely manner.
Audience Outreach – Groups and Accessibility
• Support work plan for attainable group sales objectives.
• Build stronger connections with youth focused organizations, seniors’ groups/organizations, and marginalized/low-income households and groups.
• Maintain and build Geordie’s accessibility initiatives (eg. Visual story, environmental audits, etc.)
Audience Outreach - Communications
i. Social Media Management:
• Maintain and build followers by augmenting our online presence and creating a cohesive image and message on online forums.
ii. Website development:
• Contribute to the maintenance of the general website.
• Maintain the ticketing system on the website.
• Recruit volunteers at volunteer fairs with the help of the Box Office and Administrative Coordinators.
• Assist in coordinating and training volunteers and engagement at events and in the office.
For submissions, please include:
• A letter of interest
• Resumé (including two references)
• Any additional and pertinent portfolio information
• Email to Managing Director, Kathryn Westoll – email@example.com
Hours: Full time (35-40 hrs/week)
Salary: $30 - $35 k/year
Deadline to submit: June 17, 2019
Start date: August 1, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.